Friday, 2 October 2015

DIY Paisley Shirt


From left to right: River Island, Miss Selfridge, Topshop

I have been absolutely loving paisley print recently and it's been scattered all over the high street. Above are some of my favourite pieces that I found, especially the mustard skirt! I wanted to add a little paisley number into my wardrobe and I found some lovely fabric down at my local market so I thought I'd give sewing a shirt a go. 

The shirt was probably the most complicated thing I've made so far. There were about a million pattern pieces to keep in order, but with a lot of time and concentration, I managed. I learnt lots of new sewing techniques, like sewing a collar, sleeves and cuffs. It is a bit of fiddly garment to make, but totally worth it if you fancy a new challenge. I've actually gone on to use my shirt pattern to make a mustard cord shirt too. Lovely stuff! 

Has anyone else sewn a shirt before? Leave your links below if you have. I'd love to have a nosey!


1 comment:

  1. I love this! :) Paisley never goes out of fashion for me xx

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)