Thursday, 21 May 2015

Wool And The Gang Lovin'



If you follow us on twitter and instagram you'll have noticed that I have a new obsession; Wool And The Gang. They are a new style of fashion brand that puts emphasis on the handmade and the unique. They sell knit kits, patterns and all the gear you need to get started. I have been working on the Riri Shrug using the shiny, happy cotton in a beautiful dusky blue. In my knit kit I received 4 balls of this amazingly soft wool, a knitting pattern, 2 needles for sewing my piece together, and a pair of the most gorgeous rosewood knitting needles. They are an absolute dream to knit with! I have been knitting away like a good 'un and I'm about 3/4 of the way through my project. I will make sure to post the finished project up on here, so keep your eyes peeled. Since starting this project I've been lusting after pretty much everything on their site. It's a great initiative as not only do they provide you with everything you need for your project, but also help you along the way. Their Wool School is a collection of videos demonstrating how to do all the different types of knit stitches, which I have found very useful. I honestly do feel I've learnt loads since starting this project. They have also just launched a new crochet collection, and since I've been threatening to learn how to crochet for about 3 years I don't think I'm going to be able to resist giving their kits a go! Has anyone else done any WATG projects? I love looking through all the #ShareYourKnits hashtags and seeing what everyone has been getting up to. I'll make sure to keep you updated on my progress! 

1 comment:

  1. Oooo fab colour. I have been thinking of getting one of their kits. I too have been lusting after most things on their website but I must finish my current knitting project first otherwise it will sit there unfinished for years to come.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)