Friday, 10 April 2015

Fabric Shopping And A Little Hello (again!)

Guys! It has been so long. Too long really! 

Some of you may have noticed our absence from the blogging world over the past 6 months, this is due to life and work getting in the way (you know how it goes!). However, we are back and it's great to see you again :)  I'm hoping to be posting some more sewing posts up soon, I recently started a sewing course and wanted to share some things that I have been working on with you. I have also recently been trying to make a house a home (it is very beige) since moving back up north so expect to see lots of home interior DIYs up soon too!



Since starting my sewing course I seem to be spending more and more time in my local markets and haberdasheries on my days off. If any of you ever visit Leeds, Kirkgate Market is an absolute must. It is full of loads of fabric stalls and sewing shops, manned by people who know what they are talking about and who are always happy to help. One of my absolute favourite stalls is B&M Fabrics. They have so much choice, from oil cloth to faux fur, they've got it all.  I'm currently working on two projects, which I hope to share with you soon. The first is a mustard corduroy mini skirt (a la Urban Outfitters) which is my first project using a proper altered sewing pattern and the second project is a denim smock dress with paisley lining. I have seen SO many denim dresses around at the minute and I thought it would be great if I could make my own. I'll let you know how it goes.



Anyway, it is great to be back and you will hopefully be hearing a lot more from me very soon!
Kendall x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I love going fabric shopping. I always seem to come home with far too much though!

    Emma x
    BEAUTY AND RAGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just about to start a sewing course too, can't wait to see what you get up to, meabh
    www.peachparade.com

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)