Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Valentine's Day Cake Toppers


Last week, I found some time to enjoy a spot of baking. With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I decided to create these cute love heart cake toppers to decorate my cupcakes with.  So if you're unsure what to do this Valentine's, why not bake his favourite cake and create this simple DIY to complete the finishing touches. After all, the way to the man's heart is through his stomach! 

To make these cake toppers, all you'll need is some coloured card, cocktail sticks, sellotape and glue. 

1. Cut out double the number of heart shapes to the number of cake toppers you'd like to make.
2. Decorate half of the number of hearts how you wish. I had a small heart stamp that I used in a random manner and coloured a few red. 
3. Use a small amount of sellotape to stick one end of the cocktail sticks to the back of your decorated hearts
4. Apply glue to stick down the remaining hearts to cover the back.

All done! So cute! And what an easy way to decorate cakes. 

Lets hope they taste as good as they look!



What are you planning this Valentine's Day? A grand gesture or a much-loved cosy night in? My boyfriend has such a sweet tooth so hopefully these will go down a treat.
Let us know, we love hearing from you!

Lots of love
Kate xxx

2 comments:

  1. So sweet!
    I'm not the biggest Valentine's day person, but I have to admit some of the themed goodies are adorable.

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)