Monday, 18 November 2013

Renegade Craft Fair 2013

This time last week I was travelling back up to Leeds after having a lovely weekend at home. I was spoilt rotten with yummy naughty food and general home comforts that I really miss being a student. There certainly is no place like home. On Sunday, I popped down to London and met up with Rachel from Pointless Pretty Things and, after a shameful amount of time searching, we found our way to this year's Renegade Craft Fair held at Brick Lane's Old Truman Brewery. We were greeted to a huge room full to the brim with colourful stalls and cheerful people. We had arrived in craft heaven!
We certainly got our visit's worth so to speak (not money's worth as we didn't pay a penny to get in!), we went round countless times just in awe of all the beautiful creations and soaking up the atmosphere.  Everything on sale was so delightful, I found myself just grinning the entire time. Most of the time myself and Rachel just exchanged squeals of joy at what cute item or saying we had seen rather than actually sentences!! The quality of each handmade item was incredible. We met so many talented people behind the creations who we got chatting to, in particular Rachel from Oh No Rachio, Harriet from Hello Harriet, Katie from Oh Squirrel, Ella Masters and Samantha from Polka Dot Dreams (go check out their shops!). The list could go on, all the participants were so lovely! 
Oh No Rachio and Hello Harriet's fabulous stalls with the very smiley Rachel

Hello Harriet's cute pet inspired creations 

Jimbob Art's stall - a personal favourite of mine.

Katie from Oh Squirrel and her beautiful stall

Towards the end our visit we were drawn to Make, Thrift London's photobooth (of course). The idea was to create your own pops for the photobooth from newspaper. In true crafting style, we got very into it and spent quite a while perfecting our newspaper makes! 

We had such a great time at the fair, I'm so glad I had Rachel to share the crafting appreciation with me. There was such a warm christmassy buzz going around it was an absolute delight to be there. Why do I have to wait a whole year to go again?! Have a look here for all the wonderful illustrators and designers who took part in this year's fair. I can promise you you'll fall in love with .. just… everything! Why not head over to their shops to find the perfect Christmas gifts for your friends and family. I certainly will be!


Lots of love 
Kate xxx

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. I thought it was brilliant and could have spend 4 times as much as I did! Loving your photo booth shots :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stalls at Renegade looked great! Bet you had a great time, wish I would have been able to go along to it!
    Lauren
    ohhayblogs.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun, I love teh effort that all the stall holders have put into making their stalls look so pretty. I wish I lived closer to London so i could go to things like this. Your newspaper creations are really cute :) xx

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)