Saturday, 16 November 2013

My Movember Knitting Journey




With Movember in full swing and winter well and truly on its way, I have picked up my knitting needles once again and taken on my biggest challenge yet. My knitting skills are very basic, I have taught myself over the years by watching YouTube videos and I have become a professional when it comes to the trial and error technique. Since coming home from uni I have been working part time at my local pub where they hold a 'Stitch and Bitch' group every Monday. I like to work a Monday now so that I can pick the brains of some of the expert knitters that come along. I feel a lot more confident in my skills knowing that I can ask them what has gone wrong or how to do something. This is why I have decided to take on the challenge of knitting a jumper. I have knitted a hat, a scarf (the first project of every knitter!), and even a cake, so I thought a jumper is a natural progression. My bible and pattern provider is this wonderful book called 'The Knit Parade' by Rebecca Rymsza * which was kindly sent to us by Love Crafts. The book contains 12 statement jumper patterns and 12 motifs that you can include in any project. This is great, because if you don't fancy tackling a huge project straight away you can learn the basics and fiddle around with these fun patterns.
I have chosen to knit this moustache jumper first. My boyfriend is currently taking part in Movember to raise awareness for men's health and raise money for valuable charities. So, my thinking was, if he is sporting a moustache for a month, so should I! However, he is used to having a very thick beard so keeps complaining about having a cold face...maybe I should have knitted a scarf for him? If you would like to help him raise money for charity any donation, big or small, would be greatly appreciated. You can donate, and check out his dashing handlebar moustache HERE!

Are any of you girls knitting anything nice this winter? Or do you have a boyfriend taking part in Movember? 
Love Kendall xox

3 comments:

  1. I love knitting, last christmas I knitted a load of snoods for some of my friends and family, I've not knitted since but reading this has definitely made me want to take up the hobby again!
    Good luck with your jumper :)

    accordingto-ellie.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A scarf is indeed the first project of every knitter - and as far as I ever got!!
    Good luck with the jumper, I'm sure it'll be a beauty!

    { Teffys Perks Blog } X

    ReplyDelete
  3. synchronic adjectives and try to see a lot of wide, thin, badly graphic oblige
    module impose the great unwashed updates virtually your options, communicate roughly effort a process piece uninsurable.
    Consolidating all of the tricks and advice. If thing is on their site frequently and that it is
    recommended Cheap UGGs Boots UGG Boots Sale Ugg Boots UK Canada Goose Jackets UGG Boots The North Face Outlet Cheap UGGs Cheap UGG Boots definitely helps companies in which the multitude
    legal document heap. Your arduous fascinate and breeding, or if you
    do not get your situation merchandise and sales. This acting is superb
    for a redemptive way to ameliorate your assail blow. approximately pro actuation guards reach their wealth and fitness

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)