Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Southbank Centre's Village Fair and Stamp Craft

Photograph by Rachel Good -  Pointless Pretty Things 
Last month I was lucky enough to take part in the 'Village Fair' at the Southbank Centre in London as part of the Neighbourhood Festival. There was all sorts of creative stalls such as a charity knitting corner, handmade jewellery on sale and a cake competition! Myself and 3 other lovely ladies represented the blogging community and displayed our crafty makes and shared our online tutorials. The other bloggers who joined me were Davina from The Making Home, Rachel from Pointless Pretty Things and Anna from Crafting Fingers. I strongly recommend you check out their blogs, they are fantastic and full of inspiration. We each bought along a small collection of items we had made and featured on our blogs and tagged each piece with its corresponding link to the tutorial.

Photographs by Rachel Good -  Pointless Pretty Things 
These are just a couple of items, made by Davina, that I truly loved. You can find them featured on The Making Home. Using stamps is such an easy and simple way to turn a plain and boring item into something unique and personalised. Davina's crafts definitely inspired me to go hunting for some stamps and create something individual myself.  Whilst in New York, I stumbled across the wonderful shop Paper Source (which, if you ever find yourselves in America, you must go to!) where I limited myself to buying 3 stamps. I literally could of bought the entire shop otherwise! 

Since returning home from America, I've put my new buys to the test...
Similar to Davina's 'E' stamped tape, I stamped my initial 'K' on the front of this notepad in a random fashion. 
A personalised notepad ready for the new term!

What do you think? Have a go at using stamps in your crafty project. They are so effective and versatile. And if you don't have any stamps, create them yourself either by using an old cork or carving into a potato! I have a feeling that this 'K' stamp is going to feature on all my stationery this academic year!  

Lots of love
Kate xxx


4 comments:

  1. great pictures, love that you personalised your notebook! x

    http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Anything customised or individual I want! Going to check out the other 2 ladies blogs now too :)

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The K journal looks so lovely! Personalised stationery is the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so sweet, love the little whale! <3

    http://theladyprotests.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)