Sunday, 29 September 2013

DIY Photo Bunting

As you may know, I have returned to Leeds for my fourth and final year of study whilst Emily and Kendall have both graduated (what ever am I going to do without them?!). So on Wednesday I carted all my gubbins up north and moved into my new student house. I love to decorate and put my own stamp on a new bedroom to make it personal and feel at home in a new student abode. Sticking up photos up in your room is a great way to hold onto all those lovely memories with your family and friends, especially when you find yourself in a new city. Yesterday I had a go at creating photo bunting from the polaroid pictures I took whilst in America. Making bunting using some pretty ribbon or lace is a lovely way to display your photos and its so simple to do!

For this little DIY, all you need is your photos, ribbon/lace and needle and thread, or super glue.
As you can see, I machine sewed all the way along the length of the ribbon and fed in the polaroid pictures at evenly spaced intervals. Sewing across the top of the photos worked really well to hold them in place and was so quick to do. If you don't have a sewing machine just grab some super glue which would work just as well.

Here are a couple of my favourite polaroids from our trip...
The gang in Chicago 

Kendall and I rowing in Central Park

TWB visiting The High Line in New York 

I love my new edition to my room! A beautiful and simple way to display my memories from a fantastic trip. Give it a go! Such an easy way to decorate your room.

Lots of love
Kate xxx

5 comments:

  1. Such a lovely idea! x

    http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute! i love a good Polaroid, what a great way to display them!

    Bumble Speaks

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great! love that its sewed on! Ive got a similar set up with twine and wooden pegs!

    xE

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is totally gorgeous <3
    Love from Jasmine @ rabbit-wood.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. gotta love polaroid photos, i recently made my own, cant wait to stick them up on my wall :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)