Friday, 5 July 2013

Lemon and Blueberry Cupcakes



I wanted to share a little baking inspiration with you all today. As you all probably know, the TWB gals love a good cupcake and now I'm home I have the space and the time to spend endless hours in the kitchen creating loveliness. I wanted to make a cupcake with fresh summer flavours, and I had some blueberries that needed using up in the fridge, so I ended up with this delightful partnership. I simply adapted a vanilla cupcake sponge recipe by substituting the vanilla extract for lemon juice and adding blueberries into the mixture. Then for the icing I used the zest of a lemon and a little bit of juice in a basic buttercream. Add a couple of blueberries on top with a sprinkle of icing sugar, and you're done! 

So go and have a rummage in your fridge and see what lovely creations and combinations you can come up with. Em and I went to London yesterday and stopped off for a cheeky Hummingbird Bakery cupcake and in their store they were selling bacon and maple syrup cupcakes...now there's a combination! I was very tempted to try it but the caramel and chocolate flavour was calling out to me! 

Hope you all have a great Friday!
Love Kendall x


6 comments:

  1. wow these look just too tasty! might have to raid the fridge this afternoon.. :)
    Bumble's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Do it! You can never go wrong with a cupcake :) xx

      Delete
  2. These look totally delicious, perfect for a hot summer's day! Can I ask what camera you use, and also the lens? Your photography is beautiful, I love this close up shot. Sam @ www.thrift-pop.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course, it's a Sony DSC-HX20V. It had no special lens on, just a standard :) xx

      Delete
  3. These look divine! I wish we could print food already!! xx

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)