Wednesday, 8 May 2013

DIY: Honey and Vanilla Lip Scrub

If you saw our #Craftspiration post from the other week you will know that I was very keen to try and make a lip scrub. I have tried the Lush lip scrubs before, and really liked them. But they are rather expensive for a tiny jar, so I thought it might be fun to see if I could create my own. I get quite dry and chapped lips so this DIY is a perfect one for me. I looked at lots of different recipes for making my own lip scrub but through trial and error (and a lot of chucking random things in a bowl) I think I have mastered it! I made mine honey and vanilla flavour, and it is completely edible, so if you have any left on your lips after you've used it just lick it off! A beauty product and a sweet snack, what's not to love eh? 

Step 1: Put of teaspoon of honey in a bowl and mix with 3-4 teaspoons of sugar.
Step 2: Add vanilla extract and mix in well. Use as much, or as little of this as you want depending on how sweet you want it to taste and smell.
Step 3: Add a drop of olive oil and mix to a smooth consistency.
Step 4: Mix with a teaspoon of vaseline and pop in a jar. I used a tiny glass jam jar and it worked wonderfully.

This recipe is great because you can make it just to your taste. If you want more of a scrub rather than a moisturiser, add more sugar. But if you don't want it to be too rough, go lightly on the sugar and add a little more oil.

If you give this DIY a go, or experiment with any other flavour combinations, let us know!
Kendall x

p.s. If you would like to vote for us to win a Company Magazine blog award, we would be eternally grateful and would love you forever. We are nominated under 'Best Crafting Blog', just click the photo below to vote. Thank you :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey girlies! I think its really cute that youre blog looks the same as Naffys and you blog about the same things at the same time. Do you always work on your blogs together??? Alice xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've just checked Naffy's blog out and it is weirdly similar, we are going under a bit of a makeover at the minute so it will look very different soon! We don't work together, but great minds think alike, so maybe we should :) x

      Delete
  2. I have been looking for an easy way to make something similar to the lush lip scrubs for SO long and this is perfect! Such a useful post and I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I've always wanted to make my own lip balm. I might try this one out!

    P.S I've added you to my list of fav blogs. I just love crafts!

    Emma | The Fashion Six

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)