Thursday, 7 February 2013

Cute Collared Shirts

This school term has bought several spontaneous shopping trips, spending the little Christmas money I have left and vouchers I've saved. Some of my favourite recent pieces are these 3 gorgeous shirts. I am forever cold here in Leeds so anything long sleeved, and on trend, is a bonus. 

This first one was an absolute bargain. I bought it for £6 from Asda! I've been after a white or cream chiffon shirt for a while so when I saw one for that price I just couldn't say no. A plain shirt is a definite wardrobe staple. I've found myself wearing this one a lot as it can be so easily dressed up to wear in the evening or as a casual every-day top. It comes down fairly low at the back so its perfect to wear with leggings as well. I love the gold spiked buttons down the front, keeping on trend right now. So chuffed with this find! The cute necklace is from Luce's Lustful Lucidity. Click here to see some more of her lovely jewellery.


Shirt number two is from New Look, again for an amazing price of £14.99. Its a stunning colour with a really busy flower print. Its a fairly bold top that normally I'd be cautious about buying, fearing I'd have nothing to wear it with. However you can never go wrong paring it with your favourite jeans. And it looks great underneath a plain jumper to show off the colourful collar. The owl ring is another of Lucy's pieces. Take a look here to see more of her vintage inspired jewellery.


This is possibly one of my favourite buys. I was so happy to receive Urban Outfitter's vouchers for Christmas. I feel way less guilty buying something expensive with vouchers has you don't actually have to part with as much of your own money! And everything I love in UO is more than I can afford on a student budget. This gorgeous shirt is lovely cotton material and feels really good quality. I love the unusual print contrasting with the white collar. My handmade under collar necklace works really well with this top too (have a look here to see our previous tutorial). This shirt is by Pins and Needles at UO and cost £40. Click here to buy!

Really enjoyed doing this post. I haven't done an outfit one in ages! Let us know your thoughts as always.
Lots of love
Kate xx

6 comments:

  1. Shona Macdougall7 February 2013 at 02:41

    Love the owl ring accessory too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! It's from my online jewellery website where everything is £8 and under! www.luceslustfullucidity.co.uk :) xxxx

      Delete
  2. I fell in love with the first shirt and thought the other two couldn't be as pretty but they're all sooo amazing! I especially love the UO shirt!

    http://www.danielleyc.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That UO shirt is absolutely gorgeous! So glad you like the jewellery also! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that contest so interesting. Will you participate?
    http://blog.groupon.co.uk/2013/02/04/love-for-shopping-shopping-in-love/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that under collar necklace you made, so cute!

    J x

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)