....and to complete the trio, we have the wardrobe!!
This really was such a simple costume to make!! All you really need is a cardboard box and a lick of paint! Here's a little tutorial:
You will need:
A cardboard box (big enough to find around you!)
Brown paint & paintbrush
2 coins/ bottle tops
Step by Step:
1. Start by opening the top and bottom of the box so that it can be worn around you. Mark out the curved design for the top and bottom of the wardrobe. Its easiest to use the top and bottom folds.
2. Cut out.
3. Paint the cardboard box. I used 2 coats!
4. Once dry you can mark out the wardrobe design using a marker pen. Draw on the doors and detailing. Its not overly visible from the pictures but I also used a brown felt top pen to draw wood designs onto the box.
5. Measure out 2 lengths of string, long enough so that the box rests on your shoulders when the string is attached. Use masking or cellotape to attach the string to the box. You may need a fair amount to ensure it doesn't fall off!
6. Finally, to make the door handles I simply wrapped a couple of 2p coins in tin foil and used a hot clue gun to attach to the box.
I completed the look by using various shades of brown make up, with brown eye shadows and lip stick. I also wore all black underneath the box.
And there we have it...The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe!!
(I just hope the three of us manage to stick together...otherwise i'm just gonna be the muppet who came dressed as a wardrobe!)
Hope you all have a wonderful Halloween, we'd love to see your costumes!
Lots of Love,