Wednesday, 10 October 2012

DIY: Elbow Patches

The TWB girls are big fans of the good old elbow patch, so thought i'd show you a really easy DIY trick for making your own patches. This really is such a simple trick as you can buy iron-on elbow patches to make your life so much easier! I purchased these patches from Leeds Market for about £1.20, but you will be able to get them from any market or haberdashery. 
To make my patches a little different I also decided to change the shape and make them into stars, but it might also be nice to make hearts or crosses for example. 

HOW TO: 

Step 1: Create a paper stencil of your desired shape, this way your 2 patches will be identical. 
Step 2: Draw onto the pack of each patch and cut out. 
Step 3: Before attaching the patches, try your cardigan on and draw a cross on your elbow, this way you'll get the patches in exactly the right place. Then just make sure the middle of the patch sits over the cross. 
Step 4: On the back of each patch is a thin layer of glue, which when ironed will melt and fuse your patch to the cardigan! So simply lay out the sleeve and run the iron over the patch for about a minute. 

Easy Peasy! 




8 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the look it gives!

    Rebecca xx

    beautyinpractice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea and I really didn't think it would be so cheap to do yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want tto say your article is as astounding.
    The claarity in your post is simply cool and
    i cann assume you're an expert on this subject. Fine with your
    permision let me to grab your feed to keep up too date with
    forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continhe the enjoyabgle work.


    Also visit my web blog; m88sb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this kind of area .
    Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this site.
    Studying this info So i'm glad to show that I have an incredibly good uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed.
    I most undoubtedly will make sure to do not put out of your mind this web site and provides it a glance on a constant basis.


    Take a look at my page ... OEM Honda Atv Parts

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's Taking place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered
    It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I
    am hoping to contribute & help other users like its aided me.

    Good job.

    Feel free to visit my webpage ... מנעולן זול בירושלים

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please note that this is a 1 track recorder so any previous recording is overwritten. Take photos
    from the top of a hill, or off the side of a yacht.

    The internet is the best and cheapest way to help you
    improve your photographic skills.

    Stop by my webpage :: photography schools in florida

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)