Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Best of Trends: Kate


Following on from Emily's post on Monday, here are a few of my favorite products generously given to us at the Leeds Blogger Meet Up.   



 506 Creme Nail Polish
by Stargazer
 
I always love acquiring a new nail varnish to add to my ever growing collection and this one is such a lovely colour. I'd never heard of Stargazer until now and I definitely am going to keep my eyes peeled for it it in the shops. With 2 coats it gives a smooth opaque colour with a perfect glossy finish. Each pot of Stargazer's nail varnish has a ball-bearing in for quick and easy mixing. Genius! This particular product is part of Stargazer's new 'Creme' range which includes 18 different natural and earthy shades, even though this is probably one of their more daring colours! Stargazer has lots of other ranges of nail varnish as well as other beauty products, I really want to try out their 'Crackle' and 'Chrome' varnishes. And, whats even better is, each bottle is only £3! Bargain!




'I can see clearly now' Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover

This is a gorgeous and indulgent product that works wonders. You don't need to use much, a small amount on a cotton wool pad is sufficient to remove tough and stubborn mascara. This product is made with really luxurious oils. Argon oil is one that jumped out to me as I've recently been to Morocco and Argon oil is one of the countries main exports. It's one of those incredible natural wonders that repairs and regenerates for healthy looking skin. I love this product, it not only works as an effective make up remover but also brightens up tired skin around your eyes. At first it may seem quite oily but this in fact gets absorbed over night and by morning your eyes are simply glowing. It eliminates yesterdays bags and on the whole looking a lot more fresh faced! It also has a lovely rose petal sent to it too! And if that isn't enough, Angela Langford products are all hand made, using natural and organic ingredients. So no hidden nasty chemicals on your face. Wonderful! This is now definitely a key part to my beauty regime and 100% recommended!



Green Equinox:'Guess What?' 
Multipurpose Mineral Make up
By Alva 

On rummaging through my goodie bag, post the blogger event, I found this small pot of copper powder. My first reaction was is it a eye shadow, is it a bronzer? Then I found out it was both plus more! I couldn't wait to test it out to see if it lived up to its bold claims. This product is part of the Green Equinox range and can be used (get this) as a eye shadow, eye liner, highlighter, nail varnish AND lip gloss! Mental! It's only £7.50 which quite often is less than the cost of just 1 of these listed it can be.
There are 24 different shades in the Green Equinox range, all inspired by nature's palette. I managed to get my hands on 'Guess What' which doesn't give too many clue to its colour but as you can see it's a rich copper shade.
On putting the product to the test, I can happily say it works a treat. I've used in on my eyes and cheeks. It's really easy to apply and gives a lovely shimmery look. The beauty is you can use as much or as little as you like so I used far less on my cheeks but it still gave a lovely subtle glow, just what I was after. I also tried and test one of the less obvious uses, using it for your lips. As you can see below I added it to a small about of Vaseline. The minerals dissolve leaving essentially a lip gloss! I was very cautious with the amount of powder I used as I have quite a pale/rosy complexion but in fact the copper blended really well with my pinky lips. For a more evening/night look I'd definitely be a bit more generous for darker lips.     
 I took a little look online as once again I hadn't heard of Alva before and this brand really impressed me by their strong ethical concerns at the heart of making every product. Alva prides themselves on being unique in the cosmetic industry by providing 100% organic and vegan products as well as environmentally friendly. Alva; where nature and science meet.


All in all, I love these 3 products and I strongly recommend them all. Has anyone tried out using the multipurpose powder as a nail varnish? I think I'm going to try that next.

Thanks for reading!
Lots of love 
Kate xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)