Tuesday, 11 September 2012

"The kids in Bristol are sharp as a pistol"

Last week I went on the most delightful little trip to Bristol. It was my first time I'd been to the city and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! My boyfriend has just moved there to do his Masters so we went down to move him in and explore the city. The weather was amazing to us, it was gloriously sunny all week, and we made the most of it. We walked all over the city, it is a VERY hilly place if you've never been before, and I think I was a bit of liability having to have a rest half way up every hill! :) We went out for dinner to the Avon Gorge Hotel and sat out on the terrace looking out over the bridge, the food was amazing there and the service was excellent (I would definitely recommend it!). We also went picnicking, which is one of my favourite things to do, and sat on The Downs under the dappled sunlight, looking over the gorge and the bridge. We got such a good view of Bristol, so it was worth the walk. We spent the afternoons exploring the cute little shops of Clifton and rooting through charity shops for bargains. All in all a lush week and a wonderful city!

Have you ever been to Bristol? Where is your favourite places to go there? 
Hope you enjoyed this little, more personal, post :)
Love Kendall
xox

6 comments:

  1. I live in Bristol and absolutely love it. It's such a vibrant city and there are so many great places to discover - hope you and your boyfriend have fun exploring Bristol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to find lots of new places, thank you I'm sure we will! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm currently in Bristol staying with my boyfriend too, and it is such a lovely place. I love walking up to the Clifton Suspension bridge as it has such a great view.

    - Keyta s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! What a coincidence! I hope you have as much fun as I did xx

      Delete
  3. I went to Bristol a few weekends ago with my best friend for a girly spa weekend and I loved it! We spent most of the time shopping and drinking lots of cocktails ....o and getting pampered. But we went for dinner at the Glassboat which was lush, wish we visited the bridge heard it has beautiful views

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! Sounds like you had a great time :) x

      Delete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)