Saturday, 21 July 2012

Week in Photos: 'Something New'



14/7: A New Adventure On Saturday I went down to Stratford to pick up my accreditation pass for volunteering at the London 2012 Olympics!! I can't wait to start this mini new adventure with our other housemate Chris and to get involved in such an exciting and massive event. What are you up to this Summer? Emily is off on a new adventure around Europe. Good Luck and have the best time!

15/7: A New Book Sunday, end of the weekend, train journey back up to Leeds. I finished my current read 'P.S I Love You' by Cecelia Ahern and have begun reading a new book 'My Dear, I Wanted To Tell You' by Louisa Young. Lets hope its a good read! What are your current books? Anything to recommend? Have you been swept up by the latest book craze 50 Shades of Grey?

16/7: A New Job I've been lucky enough to get a research placement working in the labs at our university, the University of Leeds. Parts of the campus house such gorgeous architecture. Such a pretty place to be when its not pouring it down! Both Kendall and Emily have also got new jobs too! Kendall has been commuting to London and Oxford for work experience at 2 publishing companies. An ultimate dream for her despite the travel. And Em has been slaving away in a Pub Restaurant earning the pennies for her big European trip.

17/7: A New Pair of Shorts I frequently have a rummage in the charity shops in Headingley. I absolutely love finding a good bargain! I've been wanting a pair of black cord shorts for a while but haven't really had the funds to warrant getting some. These were an amazing £4.50 and just my size! I just couldn't say no! I highly recommend getting down to your local charity shop and seeking out a bargain outfit.

18/7: A New Watch  A bit of late night online shopping led to this new watch arriving in the post on Wednesday. Its a great accessory and you certainly can't miss it!

19/7: Newcomer Award I woke up on Friday to this text from Kendall delivering more AMAZING news! Trends With Benefits has been nominated for Best Newcomer Award by Cosmo! We are absolutely stunned! The 3 of us love blogging together. It encourages us to be creative and a place to share what we get up to even when we're not together. We cannot believe our luck! We are also shortlisted for Best DIY blog and Best Lifestyle blog. If you would like to vote for us click here!



20/7: A New Shop Discovery I've been searching for a wedding outfit for my cousin's wedding which is only a few weeks away now. It was end of my working week so I decided to go for some retail therapy and discovered this fabulous shop Label Boutique. They have a great collection of gorgeous dresses for special occasions as well as more casual outfits. And best of all it's student friendly prices haha!
And finally, another 'new', we're now on instagram so follow away :)

Lots of love
Kate xxx

8 comments:

  1. I'm volunteering at the olympics too! Congratulations on the nomination, well deserved. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! Maybe we'll run into you! If not, have an amazing time. And thank you so much, we actually can't believe it :) xx

      Delete
  2. gorgeous watch! congratulations on the nomination! Have tagged you in an award here: http://fashiongalaxiesxo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/the-liebster-award-for-upcoming-bloggers.html, keep your blog up! Love reading it, especially all of your DIY posts xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice of you, thank you :) Think it's really important to promote new blogger so we really appreciate it! xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! Only Kate has Instagram so she is the photography wizard :) xx

      Delete
  4. Love it, can't wait to see what you do next! Come check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! We've got some more exciting posts lined up so definitely pop back and check them out. Loving your blog too and we're following xxx

      Delete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)