Monday, 4 June 2012

#OOTD

Skirt: New Look, Top: Topshop (old), Necklace: Freedom@Topshop, Shoes: New Look.

These photos were taken after the TWB girls had been on a major shopping spree in Leeds! However, I have ended up wearing this outfit to the Jubilee festivities taking place this bank holiday weekend. I have always been a fan of maxi skirts, but this is the first one I have brought. I always thought that because of my height (I'm 5"4) that I am too small to carry them off and I always thought that they would make me look smaller than I already am! But Kate picked up this skirt in blue in New Look and I fell in love with it and I took a little trip to the changing rooms to see if I could pull it off. I was very surprised that it didn't make me look short and I was really happy with it. I also love the colour, I really like bright colours and I think it makes a really good statement piece. It was also only £14.99, and I got my student discount too so it was a wonderful buy for the Jubilee bank holiday. 
The shoes, however, were my favourite buy of the day! I don't know about you but I am a lover of old shoes. My favourite pair of black heels were brought for me on my 17th birthday (3 years ago!) and I have worn them to death! I have worn them to every night out and they are well and truly destroyed. So, I thought I would treat myself to a pair of new heels. I found these in New Look and I thought they looked really expensive. They have a suede-like wedge heel and black leather straps with gold buckles. With having a platform, the heel isn't actually as high as it first looks. They are surprisingly comfy and were only £24.99, so a brilliant buy all round. 

What do you think? Are you fans of bright statement pieces? 
Hope you have all been having wonderful Jubilee celebrations and are enjoying your bank holiday! 
Kendall xox

4 comments:

  1. chic outfit! that skirt is gorgeous! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's now my summer wardrobe staple :) xx

      Delete
  2. This outfit is just so perfect for when the weather get's better! I love the block bright colour, it looks lovely on you and those shoes! :o i want! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is so nice of you to say! I know, this photo was taken when it was lovely and sunny. xx

      Delete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)