Tuesday, 26 June 2012

DIY Crop Top

We are just willing Summer to arrive! So in the hope that the days will become bright and warm very soon, I have restyled an unwanted dress with a few simple steps. Crop tops are all over the high street this season so if you want to save a few pennies but still be up to date with the latest trends why not give this ago. Ironically I found it to be a great rainy day activity too!

All you need to do is get hold of an old t-shirt or vest top (in this case I had a dress). Cut off the bottom to around hip height. Next cut lots of strips from the bottom, around 1.5cm in width and about 10cm long. Take 2 strands and knot them together. Complete this all the way around your top using all the strands - so make sure you cut an even number! Repeat this step taking each strip from the next door knot. You can continue this and make a third row of knots but I preferred leaving a couple of inches of material to hang loosely.

What do you think?! I love the simple pattern the knots create and I've added a new piece to my wardrobe without spending a penny! 

Lots of Love
Kate xxx

5 comments:

  1. That is SUCH a good idea! I love this DIY and will definitley be replicating it!
    www.fashion-pudding.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what we like to hear! Let us know how it goes! :) xx

      Delete
  2. unicorns_go_rawr29 October 2016 at 18:58

    so simple yet so chic

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)