Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Vogue's Model Health Initiative

"Vogue believes that good health is beautiful" 
Jonathan Newhouse, Condé Nast International chairman.
The long awaited day had finally arrived! This June's edition of Vogue sees the unveiling of Vogue's first Health Initiative. Editors from all 19 international editions have signed in agreement and hope that it will  "encourage a healthier approach to body image within the industry...". The initiative asks editors to follow a set f guidelines when working with models. It will not allow casting of models who are under the age of 16 or have an eating disorder. The agreement also starts a new program where younger models are paired with older, more experienced models. The Health Initiative also asks that designers take into to consideration the consequences of sending out "unrealistically small" sample sizes, and encourages the organisers of fashion shows and events to promote and creat a healthy environment back stage including 'Model Relaxation Areas'. 
This move from Vogue has been very well received and has had praise from many influential names including Tyra Banks who stated, "Vogue has the power to make and break. Their bold stance means that others will follow." 
Zooey Deschanel, Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele


Healthy body image and lifestyle is something that has been badly represented in the media. Magazine covers are plastered with fad diet plans, and 'Look who's put on loads of weight' articles, and skinny models who portray a unhealthy and unrealistic body shape. The chances, nowadays, of seeing a celebrity wearing any bigger than a UK size 8 is practically unheard of, so that is why we have picked our favourite celebrities who promote healthy living and love their body shape! 
Zooey Deschanel has been named the Sexiest Woman in the World by AskMen UK. The 32 year old 'New Girl' star said "I'm a healthy weight. That might be a little weird for Hollywood." Kim Kardashian is also another favourite of ours who is not afraid to flaunt her figure (which is to die for!). She has said that 'I never aspired to be a size zero" and she is a great role model for promoting a healthy lifestyle and beautiful curvaceous figure. 

What do you think of Vogue's bold move? Do you think it will make a difference? 
Let us know what you think!
xx



28 comments:

  1. nice!

    p.s. I'm having a giveaway if you'd like to check it out! :)
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style! maybe we can follow each ohter?:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear,
    maybe you would like to follow each other's blogs with GFC or via bloglovin? or even both?

    wolffashion.blogspot.com

    have a nice day!
    gV

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of your blog!Let's follow each other?

    XoXo, Maira

    livingthrufashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets! we've dropped you a comment on your blog! x

      Delete
  5. You have an amazing style and blog!!!

    Just let me know if you'd like to follow each other on GCF and bloglovin?

    Lots of love ♥

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've dropped you a comment on your blog :) x

      Delete
  6. This is such a great initiative! i've been waiting for it for a long time.. also Zoe is definitely on my sexy woman who are amazing list :) love the blog xx Elly @ jazzlipsandtulips

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Love your blog :)

    Want to follow each other?

    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey :)
    You have such a trendy and fashionable blog :)
    Gladly following through GFC ^^
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is so lovely of you to say! Have a great day too :) xx

      Delete
  9. Thank you for your sweet comment!
    Now following back (:

    Livingthrufashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh i lovee zooey, your blog is just lovely by the ways, keep up the good work, ill be visiting again very soon hehe :)

    LAST DAY TO ENTER MY DIAMOND PETAL JEWERLY GIVEAWAY!
    (open to all)
    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is lovely to hear, thank you! We'll be over to take a look! :) xx

      Delete
  11. It's genuinely very complicated in this active life to listen news on TV, thus I just use web for that reason, and get the newest information.
    Here is my web blog ; xxxvideofix.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Malaysia & Singapore & brunei best online blogshop
    for wholesale & supply korean add-ons, earrings,
    earstuds, locket, rings, bracelet, trinket & hair add-ons. Promotion 35 % wholesale markdown. Ship Worldwide
    my webpage > thelowpricepharmacy.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good post. I learn something new and challenging on
    blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It's always useful to read content from other authors and use something from their sites.
    Here is my site : Perth

    ReplyDelete
  14. We stumbled over here from a different web page and thought I might check things
    out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page yet again.

    Review my web-site: hotgirlsexcam.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have you ever considered creating an e-book or guest authoring on other sites?
    I have a blog based on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share
    some stories/information. I know my visitors would enjoy your
    work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

    my site: www.wildpartygirls.org

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey! Quick question that's totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when viewing from my iphone4. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that
    might be able to fix this issue. If you have any recommendations, please share.
    Thank you!

    my web page http://www.sexypinkteens.org

    ReplyDelete
  17. I needed to thank you for this excellent read!!
    I certainly loved every bit of it. I've got you saved as a favorite to look at new things you post…

    Also visit my web page: Http://sexygirlchat.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from
    this web page, and your views are pleasant designed for new
    visitors.

    my web-site; http://xxx-fuck.net/

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're so interesting! I do not suppose I've read through something like this before.
    So good to find somebody with a few unique thoughts on this topic.

    Seriously.. thanks for starting this up. This site is one thing that is needed on the internet, someone with some originality!


    Feel free to visit my webpage; Teens Having Sex

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been browsing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.

    Feel free to visit my web-site :: get hot pussy tubes sex movie

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)