Wednesday, 9 May 2012

This Week's Favourites: Kate.

These are currently some of my most loved items ranging from an exciting new buy to old favorites.

 
This is a dress I bought quite recently from Red Herring at Debenhams. It's such a comfy dress that can easily be worn both casually or for a special occasions, the extra length also means it's a perfect spring dress for when the whether is still quite cool. Its a vintage inspired dress but the peachy colour provides a definite modern stamp. I love the delicate pleats which are bang on trend at the moment. I'm a big fan of Red Herring. Its not always your first thought to visit Debenhams to fill your wardrobe but they have lots of wonderful quirky but elegant pieces that won't break the bank! Check them out : Red Herring at Debenhams


My Polaroid Camera: one of my favorite birthday gifts. I got it for my 18th birthday and still get so excited each time I hear the whirring of the photo being printed and watching them develop! They have several settings (indoor, cloudy, sunny and extra sunny) but I don't seem to have the knack of taking polaroids outside. They always seem to be slightly over exposed or the subject of the photo lurking in the far distance! However, I've found that taking pictures at parties is definitely the most effective and enjoyable! These 3 photos me and girls took before a fun girly night out...



I really love the high contrast result which gives an old fashioned feel to them. Unfortunately the film doesn't come cheap. Fujifilm have also bought out an instant camera, Instax Mini, who's film is slightly cheaper and is compatible to this Polaroid. Problem Solved! My walls are covered with such fun and fond memories. I love the Polaroid!!

My last pick of the week is one I couldn't live without.

I've always had quite dry skin on my face which is such a problem when applying any sort of foundation or concealer. I just makes the problem worse! However my pot of Nivea Creme works a treat! Applying this moisturiser before make up really helps. It doesn't leave your skin greasy at all which I have found with other moisturisers. So this one gets a big thumbs up from me.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! Definitely going to try and get into photography. We'll be looking out for your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and by the way..I love your dress! the color suit you perfectly :) ♥

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)